[Swift-devel] frequent/on-commit builds

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Thu May 8 12:22:08 CDT 2008

I've increased the frequency of on-commit builds at the NMI build and test
system to every 20 minutes - that means every 20 minutes, if there has
been a commit in the past 20 minute period, the test will be launched; so
Swift may be built and tested in local mode up to three times per hour
when there is a lot of swift or cog commit activity. These tests are what
you get when you run tests/run.

I've also configured one of my own machines to run the site tests based on
the same commit-in-last-20-minute trigger. That should increase the
coverage of automatic testing to deal with gram2 and gram4 to a variety of
real sites (and will also facilitate testing cog coasters). These tests
are what you get when you run tests/sites/run-all.

This all generates a bunch of email with results that goes to me. If
anyone else is interested in getting a copy of it all, let me know.