[Swift-devel] Re: swift-falkon problem

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 24 08:54:05 CDT 2008

I see the plateau, but there are other graphs which seem to go crazy
during those periods, such as
http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~benc/report-amps1-20080323-1935-su38n0k5/karatasks.FILE_TRANSFER-total.png
http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~benc/report-amps1-20080323-1935-su38n0k5/karatasks.FILE_OPERATION-total.png

Looking at the Falkon logs might reveal more about if the plateau was
due to Falkon or not.  Where would I find the Falkon logs that correlate
to these graphs?

Ioan

Ben Clifford wrote:
> you can get plots for your 1000 job run here:
>
> http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~benc/report-amps1-20080323-1935-su38n0k5/
>
> you're hitting the file transfer and file operation limits (that are 20 in
> your config) once jobs start staging out.
>
> There's a wierd looking plateu in graph 'number of execute2 tasks at
> once:' around 170s .. 200s where no jobs complete for some time.
>
> Getting the falkon logs and/or the wrapper (.d) logs would be interesting
> there.
>
> these were generated on my laptop with:
>
> make \
>  LOG=/Users/benc/work/everylog/amps1-20080323-1935-su38n0k5.log clean \
>  webpage.weights webpage.kara webpage
>
> using the SVN log-procesisng code.

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Candidate