[Swift-devel] Re: swift-falkon problem

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 17 14:53:38 CDT 2008

OK, thanks, will do.

My earlier message that "it worked" was premature - my sites file was
doing local execution.

I pushed forward past a few other errors and am now stuck as follows.

As far as I can tell Im now getting the "NFS not syncing" problem.

Swift creates the working dir for the workflow as a local file reference
to an NFS-mounted directory. When swift tells falkon to run
shared/wrapper.sh, its not there yet.  When I look after the workflow
has failed, it is indeed there.

What I'd rather do here is tell swift to use scp rather than
direct-file-access as the data provider.  Do you know how to do that? Or
are there any other data transports to consider?

(One alternative is to get gridftp running on sico).