[Swift-devel] Re: Question of wrapper.sh

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Sun Mar 9 19:51:20 CDT 2008

Ben,
Those logs are only for 1 CPU, so most things will take less than 1
sec.  In the case where we use 100s of CPUs (a basic scenario for the
BG/P), things will take 10s of seconds, so 1 sec resolution should be
OK.  Zhao, did you re-run that test with 256 CPUs?  Ben should be
looking at those logs, not the 1 CPU case.

Ioan

Ben Clifford wrote:
> Whichever version of date that you used, it doesn't support more than 1s
> accuracy in its output. That's irksome because its that subsecond accuracy
> that I wanted from these log files.
>
> date on os x doesn't have that precision, fairly recent (in the past
> couple of years at least) GNU coreutils date does. It would be nice if you
> could find if that is installed and use that instead...

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Candidate
Distributed Systems Laboratory
Computer Science Department