[Swift-devel] Falkon and Coaster support for MPI

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Jun 30 12:27:00 CDT 2008

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> In fact, one trivial implementation of this would be to forward all
> MPI/multi-node jobs directly to the queuing system, under the assumption
> that they are sufficiently large jobs not to benefit much from queue
> bypasses.

That's something I probed about at the start of this thread (the message
beginning "do you want MPI support for coasters or for swift?") but based
on the replies to that it sounds like there is a medium-size use case (wrt
the size of a BGP processor set) that would benefit from something that
can allocate smaller-than-a-pset blocks of nodes for MPI.