[Swift-devel] workflow run with the newest Swift

lixi at uchicago.edu lixi at uchicago.edu
Sun Jun 29 07:36:30 CDT 2008

>The bulk of jobs took bang on 60s to execute on workers,
with a relatively
>small number taking much less or more (up to 75s for some) -
 that is
>plotted in the 'info duration histograph' graph in the
below URL.

Yes, every successful job should be executed at least for
60s, because there is a command -- "sleep 60" included in
the job.

>The log analyser doesn't deal with replication properly
yet, but it looks
>like around 10% of jobs (about 200) got replicated.
>
>Looking at per-site stats, it looks like most sites did not
get more than
>6 jobs queued/running at once, rather than increasing. One
site got 12
>though. I'm interested to know what caused that. I think it
is your choice
>of jobThrottle parameter in your sites file generation. My
rule of thumb
>has been 20 jobs at once for GRAM2 and a few hundred at
once for GRAM4;
>are you specifying a lower job throttle in your submissions?

In this run, I specified 0.05 of job throttle for all the
sites.

I think that the result of this run is better than past
situation with the same workflow size.