[Swift-devel] [VOTE] Release Swift 0.6 rc3 as Swift 0.6

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 19 19:06:05 CDT 2008

 > I'm fairly happy to make releases the old way, though I would appreciate
 > the additional testing that is compelled by the dev.globus release
 > process.

I agree completely on the testing need.

Lets do that, then. Call for the vote as you did, continue to urge
test-before-vote, but accept vote-without-test in the interest of progress.

Progress-through-breakage is not ideal, but given Swift is quite young
and the user community is small, its better to do that, to push forward
with improvements, even if bugs occasionally slip thorough. You and
Mihael always fix things fast, and that has always worked well to date.

- Mike