[Swift-devel] [VOTE] Mike to be dev.globus project chair

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 19 18:55:30 CDT 2008

> OK, sounds pretty complex, but I *think* it makes sense. I ask that we
> all be patient with each other as we figure this out. Clearly we can get
> into all sorts of parliamentary issues, but I hope that common sense
> prevails.

The only problem with common sense is that it doesn't exist when people
disagree.

> Again - please let common sense prevail. The dev.globus rules were
> intended to help large projects make decisions. In the same way that
> dev.globus should not interfere with pre-existing infrastructure that
> works well, we should not let it turn a decision making process that was
> already working well into something that is suddenly burdensome.

The vote was unnecessary. I'm not aware of anybody (besides perhaps Jen
commenting about when and whether project chairs should be changed) had
any problem with you being the chair.

I find it really odd that there is insistence on the matter.