[Swift-devel] coaster + fletch-condor command line truncation

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Jun 15 18:48:56 CDT 2008

If I submit to fletch using coasters and gt2:fork, my tests run OK.

If I tell coasters to use gt2:condor to submit workers, then I get
problems with commandline truncation - 130-fmri has a job in the middle
with a bunch of input files.

r2073 adds the two sites files that demonstrate this:

cd tests/sites/

./run-site coaster/fletch-coaster-gram2-gram2-fork.xml

works for me and

./run-site coaster/fletch-coaster-gram2-gram2-condor.xml

does not work for me.

The jobs that fail get run on gwynn.bsd.uchicago.edu most of the time. So
I tried running coasters locally on gwynn itself
(tests/sites/coaster-local.xml) and that works ok.

I have not dug into this deeply; however at first glance it seems somewhat
puzzling.

Changing the mechanism by which coaster workers are submitted should not
change the command-line handling of jobs submitted through coasters; at
least not from my general understanding of coaster architecture.

Maybe there is something funny happening with different shell or perl
versions or something like that.