[Swift-devel] [Fwd: Re: [incubator-committers] Re: swift project in hibernation]

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 5 11:16:31 CDT 2008

Actually, from a dev.globus perspective, there is no "manager" in the
sense of somebody having more decision power than other committers.

Such management decisions are made through voting.

So you should probably think a bit about this. The control structure
imposed by our job hierarchy or by the flow of money have no say in the
decision making process of the project. That doesn't mean that you can't
exercise authority as long as you have the means to, but globdev isn't
going to give you such means.

In regard to the task at hand, there are no problems really. You  will
probably have the honors of making the official request. That wasn't my
point though. I was simply asking whether there was a rule in place, and
all I got was an opinion. I didn't want an opinion. It was a simple
question and I wanted a "yes" or a "no".