[Swift-devel] including non-standard providers in Swift builds

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 28 19:27:42 CDT 2008

I'm confused about the correct way to include both deef and coaster
providers in a build. Specifically:

I want to say something like:

   ant -Dwith-provider-coaster -Dwith-provider-deef redist

1) Is saying -Dwith-provider-coaster the same as saying
-Dwith-provider-coaster=true ?

2) Is the right way to add both providers to put on two separate -D
options as above?

3) Does redist clean out the whole previous dist dir contents?

4) If repeatedly building the dist after making source changing, do I
need to do any "clean" operations, or just "ant redist" with the right -D's?

I ask this because the line I show above does not seem to consistently
build both providers. Yesterday I was getting deef but no coaster; today
I'm getting coaster but no deef. I havent tried enough experiments (or
reading) to figure this out yet.