[Swift-devel] Re: 2 rack run with swift

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 24 09:50:30 CDT 2008

On 7/24/08 9:24 AM, Ioan Raicu wrote:
> Hi,
> I did a similar run through Falkon only, and got:
> Number of Tasks: 16384
> Task Duration: 30 sec
> Average Task Execution Time (from Client point of view): 31.851 sec
> Number of CPUs: 8192
> Startup: 5.185 sec
> Execute: 80.656 sec
> Ideal time: 60 sec
>
> Swift took some 600 seconds, and had an average per task run time of
> 240.97 sec.  Zhao, was Swift patched up, with Ben's 3 patches from
> April/May?

No.  But one or more of those patches may have been integrated into the
source.  Still needs to be enabled.  We'll look into this more in the
next few days.  I dont want to spend much time discussing this, though,
until we have a chance to sort through all the issues we already know
about: scheduler parameters, data management, wrapper script settings
and patches, GPFS issues.

Tests at longer job durations are worth doing.

- Mike

I am curious what would happen if we throw 256 second tasks