[Swift-devel] Question for running swift with 2 psets on BGP

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 22 15:37:03 CDT 2008

Right, that the "static" declaration would certainly cause trouble :(  I
don't recall why we made it static, perhaps its simply old code that was
never updated, Zhao, can you simply remove the static declaration, and
see if it still compiles, and if yes, try it out?

Ioan

Mihael Hategan wrote:
> I'd look here:
> public static synchronized ResourcePool instance(String server, int num)
> throws InvalidServiceContactException {
>         if (rp == null) {
>             rp = new ResourcePool();
>
> On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 15:32 -0500, Michael Wilde wrote:
>
>> Zhao's renaming the sites to avoid any substring problem.
>>
>> The current data shows a contradiction, though: the stats plot shows
>> nice balancing between sites, but the falkon logs think all traffic went
>> to one site.
>>
>> If the next run shows same, I think we need to a) look in the Swift log
>> and site selection info and b) double check that the two falkon servers
>> are not logging to (or listening to) the same place.
>>
>> - Mike

>>> Pretty much, yes.

>>> In this case it would be Zhao.

>>> I suppose using bgps1 and bgps2 would prevent the triggering of that bug
>>> in the stats scripts.

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Candidate
Distributed Systems Laboratory