[Swift-devel] Re: scheduler foo

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Jul 21 10:27:32 CDT 2008

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> > Secondly timer tasks are not killed, so a large number of timer tasks get
> > started up for overloaded sites.
>
> Oh, I see. They are started multiple times for the same delay.

yes.

I fiddled a little with cancelling timers before launching the next to see
if it made the code better behaved. It does, though I'm still not
convinced that its right. Also to do that in the present layout needs some
kind of lookup table to figure out which timer to cancel which is
increased complexity.