[Swift-devel] Support request: Swift jobs flooding uc-teragrid?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Jan 30 09:48:05 CST 2008

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, JP Navarro wrote:

> It's tough for those of us involved in preparing GRAM4, deploying it,
> and supporting it to address the issues people encounter unless they
> are consistently reported.

right. I'm not criticsing you (or any site admin at any site)

> Do you have any tickets, bug reports, or other details that you could
> share that explain "didn't seem to work right" in more detail?

No. The default behaviour when working with a user who is "just trying to
get their stuff to run" is "screw this, use GRAM2 because it works".

Its a self-reinforcing feedback loop, that will be broken at the point
that it becomes easier for people to stick with GRAM4 than default back to
GRAM2. I guess we need to keep trying every now and then and hope that one
time it sticks ;-)