[Swift-devel] cog r1871

feller at mcs.anl.gov feller at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 12 09:33:14 CST 2008

> On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, feller at mcs.anl.gov wrote:
>
>> My fault, not the ObjectSerializers one.
>> You submitted in batch-mode?
>
> The final cleanup job that failed is in batch mode, yes. Its the only one
> submitted that way.
>
>> The attached jar should fix that.
>
> With your new jar, I no longer get that error. I did once get the below
> stack trace, though execution appeared to continue. It hasn't happened a
> second time or third time on running the same tests.
>
> touch started
> Unable to destroy remote service for task urn:0-1-1202817892228
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.globus.exec.generated.service.ManagedJobServiceAddressingLocator.getManagedJobPortTypePort(ManagedJobServiceAddressingLocator.java:12)
>         at
> org.globus.exec.utils.client.ManagedJobClientHelper.getPort(ManagedJobClientHelper.java:32)
>         at org.globus.exec.client.GramJob.destroy(GramJob.java:1303)
>         at
> org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.execution.gt4_0_0.JobSubmissionTaskHandler.cleanup(JobSubmissionTaskHandler.java:431)
>         at
> org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.execution.gt4_0_0.JobSubmissionTaskHandler.stateChanged(JobSubmissionTaskHandler.java:397)
>         at org.globus.exec.client.GramJob.setState(GramJob.java:321)
>         at org.globus.exec.client.GramJob.deliver(GramJob.java:1677)
>         at
> org.globus.wsrf.impl.notification.NotificationConsumerProvider.notify(NotificationConsumerProvider.java:126)
>         at
>         at
>         at
> org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:384)
>         at
> org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:281)
>         at
> org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:319)
>         at
> org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
>         at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
>         at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
>         at
> org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:450)
>         at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:285)
>         at
> org.globus.wsrf.container.ServiceThread.doPost(ServiceThread.java:664)
>         at
> org.globus.wsrf.container.ServiceThread.process(ServiceThread.java:382)
>         at
> org.globus.wsrf.container.GSIServiceThread.process(GSIServiceThread.java:147)
>         at
> org.globus.wsrf.container.ServiceThread.run(ServiceThread.java:291)
> touch completed
>
> --

This is odd. Can you have an eye on that in further tests?
May it happen that you use GramJob.setEndpoint(EndpointReferenceType)
before destruction at some point and pass null as argument? That's the
only situation where i can see that this can happen right now without
an exception being thrown before.

Martin