[Swift-devel] ws-gram tests

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri Feb 8 08:01:17 CST 2008

some rough numbers in this space that I collected yesterday:

I ran a 10000 (10^5) parallel jobs workflow on teraport using the PBS
provider. It launched up to 401 jobs at once, as per the default config
file. It took about 6h but ran ok. I didn't keep any other statistics,
though - just set it going in the morning and let it run. That's a
throughput of about one job every couple of seconds.

My laptop can do about 5000 of the same kind of job through the fork
provider, running at most 2 jobs at once, in about 15 minutes.