[Swift-devel] throttle.score.job.transfer

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Feb 4 12:59:40 CST 2008

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Mike Kubal wrote:

> or I'll try Ben's r1609 approach, unless folks would
> like a baseline.

I think trying PBS and GRAM4 are better things for you to do than continue
spending time with GRAM2.

A comparison of how PBS and GRAM4 weigh up would be very interesting (to
me). When you run anything there, please save your log files - I can do
interesting things with them (for example, watching how the Swift internal
scheduler is behaving). Also if you are getting kickstart records, save
those too. There's a single commandline to type to do this, at the bottom
of the user guide:

  rsync --ignore-existing *.log *-kickstart.xml
       login.ci.uchicago.edu:/home/benc/swift-logs/ --verbose