[Swift-devel] Re: Swift jobs on UC/ANL TG

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Feb 4 10:09:40 CST 2008

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008, Mike Kubal wrote:

> Let me know what to try next, before I kill again.

Also, there is a clustering mechanism - this is where swift takes a bunch
of jobs and aggregates them into a single submission to GRAM or PBS.

If you know a maximum execution time for your jobs, you can do that.
There's a users guide section with some details:

http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/swift/guides/userguide.php#clustering

Basically, you need to set a maximum time for your executables in your
tc.data file using the maxwalltime profie and then specify a value for
clustering.min.time property. Clusters fo about 10 jobs perhaps the size
to aim for.

You can use this with any submission mechanism - GRAM2, GRAM4 or PBS.