[Swift-devel] Re: Swift jobs on UC/ANL TG

Ian Foster foster at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Feb 3 21:23:24 CST 2008

Mihael:

The motivation for doing the tests is so that we can provide appropriate
advice to Mike, our super-high-priority Swift user who we want to help
as much and as quickly as possible. I'm concerned that we don't seem to
feel any sense of urgency in doing this. I'd like to emphasize that the
sole reason for anyone funding work on Swift is because they believe us
when we say that Swift can help people make more effective use of
high-performance computing systems (parallel and grid). Mike K. is our
most engaged and committed user, and if he is successful, will bring us
fame and fortune (and fun, I think, to provide three Fs!). It shouldn't
take a week for us to get back to him with information on how to run his
application efficiently on TG.

Ian.