[Swift-devel] Re: shared filesystem or work directory ?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Dec 24 10:28:21 CST 2008

In a private message you indicated some suspiciouon about initial working
directories being wrong. So I investigated and found that at least on
red.unl.edu the initial working directory of a job is not the directory
specified in Swift.

Below is a url for a rough patch I just made that will explicitly set the
initial directory.

Apply it by going into your vdsk directory and typing

patch -p3 < condor-pwd-bug

and then rebuilding with ant redist

This makes submission to red.unl.edu/condor work for me and might make
other sites work too. Please send feedback to the list...

http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~benc/tmp/condor-pwd-bug