[Swift-devel] can we disable the gridftp authentication for swift on BGP?

Zhao Zhang zhaozhang at uchicago.edu
Fri Dec 19 13:45:05 CST 2008

Hi, Ben

I tried regular ftp, the connection was refused:
zzhang at login6.surveyor:~/swift/test> ftp ion-10.surveyor.alcf.anl.gov:59829
ftp: connect: Connection refused
ftp: Can't connect or login to host `ion-10.surveyor.alcf.anl.gov'

Then as gridftp webpage said, I tried telnet that worked fine.
zzhang at login6.surveyor:~/swift/test> telnet ion-10 59829
Trying 172.16.3.10...
Connected to ion-10.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 172.16.3.10 GridFTP Server 2.8 (gcc32dbg, 1217607445-63) [Globus
Toolkit 4.0.8] ready.

zhao