[Swift-devel] can we disable the gridftp authentication for swift on BGP?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri Dec 19 13:21:27 CST 2008

I'm led to belive that -auth_level 0 disables authorization checks, not
all of gsi; so with that parameter, you still need to have your server
and client configured with credentials (that is -auth_level 0 eliminates
the need for a gridmap file , not for credentials)

I'm also led to believe that you could run the server with -aa and use
ftp: as a uri scheme instead of gsiftp: (assuming cog supports that, which
I think it does) in order to get anonymous access.

My suggestion would be to try with a regular ftp client against your
server to check that it is working ok before pointing Swift at it.