[Swift-devel] class (as in programming) upgrades

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Aug 31 14:00:30 CDT 2008

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> Fresh from LtU: http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/2960
>
> Seems very close to my understanding of the intent of versions in
> VDL/Swift, but nicely formalized.

I read that earlier today. They don't seem to have much in the way of
implementation (and thus in experience with using in practice).

SwiftScript programs don't seem to be getting much in the way of
complexity expressionwise which would be something that might cause
versioning and namespaces to take a higher priority; and I don't think
their linear version model really fits in with the actual diversity of
applications that appear in real life (which is also what I think about
using linear versions in VDL).