[Swift-devel] error communicating with Abe's GridFTP server

Mike Kubal mikekubal at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 15:29:16 CDT 2008

I get the following message when trying to run a swift job from the machines at the CI (communicado and bridled) on NCSA's Abe:

Execution failed:
        Could not initialize shared directory on abe
Caused by:
        org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.file.FileResourceException: Error communicating with the GridFTP server
Caused by:
        Server refused performing the request. Custom message: Bad password. (error code 1) [Nested exception message:  Custom message: Unexpected reply: 530-Login incorrect. : IPC connection failed.

Are there any known webservice or other issues with Abe's GridFTP server?

The gatekeeper appears to be up, when I run:
globus-job-run grid-abe.ncsa.teragrid.org /bin/hostname

It returns:
abe1196.ncsa.uiuc.edu

If I run:

globus-job-run gsiftp://grid-ftp.abe.ncsa.teragrid.org hostname

I get the following:

GRAM Job submission failed because the connection to the server failed (check host and port) (error code 12)

In the past I have received similar error messages when my certificate at the CI had not been updated, but the problem persists after an update.
I get the same message running from communicado and bridled at the CI.

Suggestions?

Mike Kubal