[Swift-devel] coastersPerNode not recognized by GT2 GRAM

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Aug 3 08:47:39 CDT 2008

On 8/3/08 6:07 AM, Ben Clifford wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Aug 2008, Michael Wilde wrote:
>
>> I still failed with same error. The gram log showed the coasterspernode rsl
>> variable still getting through to gram (below).  I added a second string,
>> "coasterspernode" to your list of parameters to filter out, in all lower case,
>> and this worked.
>
> [..]
>
>> When you tested against a TG site, did you verify that the coasterspernode
>> attribute wasnt getting in the RSL?
>
> No; I checked that jobs ran OK - liekly I used the same capitalisation as
> in the source and you did not.
>
> Its a case sensitivity bug which should be straightforward to fix.

That was the strange thing - I used the same capitalization in my
<profile> tag as in your source rev, which didnt work. And the RSL in
the GRAM log showed an all lower case attribute (which may have been
GRAM's doing).

So one possibility is an error on my part in testing; a less likely one
is that the system you tested against accepted the coasterspernode RSL
attribute but the one I tested against (abe) did not.

I'll double-check on my side first.