[Swift-devel] Swift Innovation for BOINC : Design Spec

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Apr 8 02:54:55 CDT 2008

Hi.

When running a program in Swift, there is a requirement that the input
files for a job are placed in the current working directory that the unix
process runs on.

Usually, that is achieved by using a shared filesystem between every
worker node. But, I think that in a BOINC deployment, there will not be a
shared filesystem that is shared between every worker node.

I see that you intend to do 'file transfer' with BOINC, but it is not
clear to me how those files will be connected with the jobs that want to
use them.

Is this addressed in your design?