[Swift-devel] coaster status summary

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 4 06:59:28 CDT 2008

Mihael, this is great progress - very exciting.
Some questions (dont need answers right away):

How would the end user use it? Manually start a service?
Is the service a separate process, or in the swift jvm?
How are the number of workers set or adjusted?
Does a service manage workers on one cluster or many?
At 180 jobs/sec with 10 workers, what were the CPU loads on swift,
worker and service?

Do you want to try this on the workflows we're running on Falkon on the
BGP and SiCortex?

Im eager to try it when you feel its ready for others to test.

Nice work!

- Mike