[Fwd: Re: [Swift-devel] Re: swift-falkon problem... plots to explain plateaus...]

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Apr 1 11:34:03 CDT 2008

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Michael Wilde wrote:

> I'm in favor of heading to an approach where we have good fast default
> configurations for all our locally used systems (TG, OSG and the

good != fast

for example, debuggable and non-desturctive-to-target-resource are other
desirable characteristics. the debuggable one is especially important.
Crippling the logging system to achieve faster execution is something that
should be turned on, not off - that moves error reporting back to a
boolean WRONG! style of reporting rather than the (I think) more useful
stuff that we have at the moment. Likewise, pushing stuff up to the limit
of what a site can handle (especially using GRAM2) is something that
should be approached with caution and not by default.