[Fwd: Re: [Swift-devel] Re: swift-falkon problem... plots to explain plateaus...]

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Apr 1 03:58:52 CDT 2008

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008, Michael Wilde wrote:

> With this fixed, the total time in wrapper.sh including the app is now about
> 15 seconds, with 3 being in the app-wrapper itself. The time seems about
> evenly spread over the several wrapper.sh operations, which is not surprising
> when 500 wrappers hit NFS all at once.

Does this machine have a higher (/different) performance shared file
system such as PVFS or GPFS? We spent some time in november layout out the
filesystem to be sympathetic to GPFS to help avoid bottlenecks like you
are seeing here. It would be kinda sad if either it isn't available or you
aren't using it even though it is available.