[Swift-devel] Falcon from SVN doesn't build

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 21 12:21:40 CDT 2007

Anyone more familiar with ANT than I am?

Here is the start of the output from the service compilation for the
good one:
> iraicu at viper:~/java/svn/falkon/service> ./clean.gpws.sh
> Service cleanup complete!
> iraicu at viper:~/java/svn/falkon/service> ./make.gpws.sh
> compiling the GenericPortal...
>
> Buildfile: build-falkon.xml
>
> all:
>       [jar] Building jar:
> /home/iraicu/java/svn/falkon/service/org_globus_GenericPortal_common.jar
>      [copy] Copying 1 file to /home/iraicu/java/svn/falkon/container/lib
>      [exec] Buildfile: build.xml
Here is the start of the bad one (why are they different)?

> genericportal at viper:~/java/svn/falkon/service> ./clean.gpws.sh
> Service cleanup complete!
> genericportal at viper:~/java/svn/falkon/service> ./make.gpws.sh
> compiling the GenericPortal...
>
> Buildfile: build-falkon.xml
>
> all:
>     [javac] Compiling 22 source files to
> /home/genericportal/java/svn/falkon/service
>     [javac]
> /home/genericportal/java/svn/falkon/service/org/globus/GenericPortal/services/core/WS/impl/ActiveTasks.java:5:
> package org.globus.GenericPortal.stubs.GPService_instance does not exist
>     [javac] import org.globus.GenericPortal.stubs.GPService_instance.*;
>     [javac] ^
>     [javac]
> /home/genericportal/java/svn/falkon/service/org/globus/GenericPortal/services/core/WS/impl/GPResource.java:48:
> package org.globus.GenericPortal.stubs.GPService_instance does not exist
Just to rule out any environment variables concern, I copied the good
install over to the account that doesn't compile with a clean checkout.
The compile worked just fine in the new account.  I also compared the
build.xml and build-falkon.xml from the two different falkon installs,
and they seem identical.

Any other ideas?

Ioan

Ioan Raicu wrote:
> Let me do a clean checkout and try to compile, and get back to you!
> BTW, I bet its a classpath problem of some sort, maybe the compile
> script has somehow been broken...
>
> Ioan
>
> Veronika Nefedova wrote:
>> Ioan,
>>
>> I am trying to build Falcon from SVN now on tg-uc. Unfortunatelly,
>> the build fails. I have this version of java set in my environment:
>> java-1.4.2-r1 and this ant : apache-ant-1.6.5-r1
>> I tried to build it on terminable and it also failed (with
>> /soft/java-1.5.0_06-sun-r1/bin/java
>> and /soft/apache-ant-1.6.5-r1/bin/ant )
>>
>> This is just the very beginning of the output, but there are many
>> other errors (thats from falcon checkout on terminable)
>>
>> Buildfile: build-falkon.xml
>>
>> all:
>>     [javac] Compiling 22 source files to
>> /autonfs/home/nefedova/falkon/service
>>     [javac]
>> /autonfs/home/nefedova/falkon/service/org/globus/GenericPortal/services/core/WS/impl/ActiveTasks.java:5:
>> package org.globus.GenericPortal.stubs.GPService_instance does not exist
>>     [javac] import org.globus.GenericPortal.stubs.GPService_instance.*;
>>     [javac] ^
>>     [javac]
>> /autonfs/home/nefedova/falkon/service/org/globus/GenericPortal/services/core/WS/impl/GPResource.java:48:
>> package org.globus.GenericPortal.stubs.GPService_instance does not exist
>>     [javac] import org.globus.GenericPortal.stubs.GPService_instance.*;
>>     [javac] ^
>> <snip>
>>
>> Does it build for you? Any suggestions on how make it work?

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Student
Distributed Systems Laboratory
Computer Science Department