[Swift-devel] Cant get Falkon provider connected to Swift

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 4 14:11:49 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 17:58 +0000, Ben Clifford wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Mihael Hategan wrote:
>
> > I think -help describes things pretty clearly
>
> though that's not what the principle of least surprise is about -- its
> possible to document anything. 'ls foo -t' doesn't work like 'ls -t foo'
> on os x, and is repeatedly surprising to me despite the fact that it is
> documented.

Right, but the principle applies to the level of flexibility a system
provides, not to whatever the current user thinks the system should do
at that very moment. The extreme of this is the "do what I want" switch.
We all agree that is the least surprising of them all. Unfortunately
there is no known implementation for it.