[Swift-devel] script mapper

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 31 19:25:15 CDT 2007

Im in favor of such a mapper - I have indeed asked for it often.
I define it as a mapper that users can write as a shell script, any time
an existing mapper doesnt serve their needs. For most needs, users
should be able to code their own mappers as simple scripts in a language
of their choice, and seldom if ever need to add java classes to the
system to do mapping.

I cant tell if the step you are taking here will get us there, or rather
be one step in that direction. Either way, I favor it.

If this is what you need to do next for I2U2, I feel you should proceed.

In the overall swift to-do list, its high but not highest.
(highest is performance, reliability, and usability, mainly error
message and logging improvement)

- Mike