[Swift-devel] Clustering / wrapper.sh logging

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 29 12:26:54 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 17:14 +0000, Ben Clifford wrote:
> I just grabbed all the info files that are there at the moment and munged
> them: (note these are not final results - the workflow continues to run)
>
> $ cat info.lastsummary
>  372 END
>    1 EXECUTE
>    1 RM_JOBDIR
> 1017 TOUCH_SUCCESS
>
> 372 jobs hit the very end of the wrapper script. 1017 of them are a line
> before that, at TOUCH_SUCCESS state:
>
> >From wrapper.sh:
>
> > logstate "TOUCH_SUCCESS"
> > touch status/${ID}-success
> > logstate "END"
>
> So it looks like I should pay attention first to dealing with status
> directory scalability.

Here's a bunch of things:
vdl-int.k/execute2
uid := uid()
dprefix := substr(uid, 0, 1)
jobid := concat(tr, "-", uid)
task:execute("/bin/sh",
  list("shared/wrapper.sh", jobid, dprefix
    "-e", vdl:executable(tr, rhost),
//update checkStatus
//update transferKickstartRec

wrapper.sh:
ID=$1
DPREFIX=$2
checkEmpty "$ID" "Missing job ID"
checkEmpty "$DPREFIX" "Missing directory prefix"
INFO=$WFDIR/info/${DPREFIX}/${ID}-info
mkdir -p ../kickstart/${DPREFIX}
mv -f kickstart.xml "../kickstart/${DPREFIX}/$ID-kickstart.xml" 2>&1
>>"$INFO"
mkdir -p status/${DPREFIX}
touch status/${DPREFIX}/${ID}-success