[Swift-devel] Swift run to Falkon hanging

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 29 12:20:29 CDT 2007

The attached logfile with my comments and questions (full logs in
~benc/swift-logs/wilde/run117) is for a a small 5-job Angle test with
about 1-week-old code to try to get a stable falkon config back on
uc-teragrid.

Ioan has confirmed that there are issues causing the provisioner on the
ia32 login host to fail to connect to the service correctly. Im still
re-working around those issues.

Im trying to just get this config, which worked moderately well last
week, back to a working state before I jump to the latest code base.

I may give up after this last attempt, and upgrade both swift and falkon.

But my last run puzzles me. Can people take a look at the attached log
with questions and comments and help me understand whats happening?

Basically I get one app exception, things hang, and I dont see what in
the log if anything is pointing to the cause.

Thanks,

Mike