[Swift-devel] Re: Swift Error! Round 2

andrewj at uchicago.edu andrewj at uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 10 18:15:59 CDT 2007

>> Ok, I think I have isolated a problem with Swift.  I have
>> slowly worked part by part up to this point in my WF.  It
>> appears to be a problem related to passing arrays of things
>> into the transformation or whatever its called.
>
>What was the step before that did work?

SegNClass by itself with a foreach loop.

>> The problem seems to be involved with SegNClassRun or the
>> array types I am feeding it to use.
>
>Your use of the feature variable there is a bit weird - I'm
not sure what
>it will actually do off the top of my head:

   I got this concept from some of Yong's code from the old
workflow.  The main idea hear is to avoid the problem of too
many files (including the temporary swift files) from landing
in one directory.)

feature<single_file_mapper;file=@strcat(@filename(ROIs[i].image),".S.",SegNum,".F.",FeatNum,".C.",ClassNum,".feat.output")>;
>>             feature =

SegNClass(ROIs[i],SegInputParams,rfile1,rfile2,FeatInputParams,SegNum,FeatNum,ClassNum);
>>                 fs[i] = feature;
>>     }
>
>can you say this:
>
>  foreach r, i in ROIs {
>    fs[i] = SegNClass(...)
>  }
>
>without that variable at all?
>
>I'm not sure if thats the problem here but thats more like
the usage I
>would make.

  This does work, but like I mentioned above, this could be
bad when we seriously scale up to thousands of little output
files coming and going in the same place.