[Swift-devel] Re: passing types and variables in swift

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 4 09:24:51 CDT 2007

I'll try to push forward with this as Ben is focusing on SC tutorials today.

Andrew, lets try to make a simple model of your workflow that we can
actually run in local mode, using mock apps.

I need to go backwards, but basically this is a parameter sweep, where
the parameter sets have a nested loop structure. Im noty sure f Im
asking this right (as Im in a meeting and cant read right now) but do
you want to express the parameters in files (because the lists are long)
or right in the source code of the workflow?  Does that question make sense?

- Mike

On 10/4/07 9:16 AM, andrewj at uchicago.edu wrote:
> All right, thanks.
>
> I am just trying to figure out the best way to setup parameter
> sweeps.  Ideally, I would like to have some file of directory
> of files containing experiments to be run on the Grid
> environment and Swift picks them up and automatically sets up
> the appropriate WF based on the parameter information in the
> files.
>

>> On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, andrewj at uchicago.edu wrote:
>>
>>> could I do something like this:
>>>
>>> RGIparams RGIinput[] <csv_mapper;file="rgi_runs.txt">;
>>>
>>> where rgi_runs would contain say
>>>
>>> 1,2,true
>>> 3,4,false