[Swift-devel] Re: angle-1000 second run

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 6 10:19:14 CST 2007

>> 3. The cluster sizes were extremely small about 4 - should have been 10-20 by
>> my calcs.
>
> Increase the cluster queue delay parameter from 4 to about 30 (seconds).
> This will make Swift wait much longer before putting clusters together,
> which may allow more jobs to build up in the clustering queue.

Previous run had this set to 10 seconds. The logs confirm that this was
the clustering period: the cluster size=4 message came out every 10 seconds.

> Make sure that you havethe cluster maximum time and maxwalltimes for jobs
> set to sensible values, because large clusters will highlight
> misconfigurations there. In particular, note that the maximum cluster time
> in the config file needs to be (less than) half of the maxwalltime
> permitted for the site you submit to (so if you are allowewd to run 15
> minute jobs, set the cluster maximum time to 7*60, for example).

I set cluster max time to 1200 with a maxwalltime of 60 seconds.

I will fiddle with this part with smaller runs till it works.

Likely I have a config issue somewhere, or theres a bug.

> Are you using the PBS provider or GRAM to submit?

GRAM, gt2.