[Swift-devel] wiring swift and falkon together

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Wed May 23 11:36:06 CDT 2007

Hmmm... from my understanding, the Falkon provider is independent of the
fact that Swift will actually use Falkon or not.  There is no
requirement that Falkon be used, even if you have the Falkon provider
installed!

With that said, our statement about people avoiding the latest version
of Swift due to the Falkon provider doesn't make any sense. Maybe Yong
has more input on this...

About how Falkon gets deplyed, it is simply uncompressed, you modify 1
or 2 config files, and use the included scripts to start everything!
All this is in the included readme.txt in the Falkon archive,
downloadable online on my web site.  Once again, if someone is not
intersted in using Falkon, then I see no reason why they would be doing
anything different than before just because there is now a Falkon
provider in Swift.

Ioan

Ben Clifford wrote:
> i hear rumour that its sufficiently unclear how to wire swift and falkon
> together that people are avoiding testing swift code (more recent than the
> 8th of march build that Yong made)
>
> that is lame - it means large chunks of our app testing are being done
> with code that is 2.5 months old.
>
> I don't know how Falkon gets deployed alongside swift at the moment, so I
> don't know what to do to make this easier - are they written down
> anywhere?

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Student
Distributed Systems Laboratory