[Swift-devel] Re: GRAM and Swift discussion this week?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue May 22 13:43:15 CDT 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Ian Foster wrote:

> Are there WS-GRAM issues that are causing problems for Swift?

No one uses WS-GRAM with Swift, so we aren't really uncovering issus
there.

> Is advance reservation important for Swift?

We haven't really talked about that. I'm not sure how it would fit in, but
if people want it, it would be nice to accomodate it somehow.

> Swift is increasingly using Falkon to handle submissions, which reduces
> the number of GRAM operations performed significantly.

At the high/experimental end, yes. However, if we have any expectation of
people downloading and using it by themselves without us providing
professional services-style consultancy, then those users won't be going
anywhere near Falkon any time soon.