[Swift-devel] jobchart

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 10 22:32:54 CST 2007

I updated it a bit.
Two interesting ones (warning: ~700kB files):
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~hategan/helloworld-i4lb1xpvedgs0.log.png

and

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~hategan/helloworld-okdn8oj4qg411.log.png

The first one has the gradual throttling disabled. The second one has it
set to a low value.
Granted, this is running /bin/sleep 2 (ignore the fact that the label
says "echo"), but the fact that lack of throttling can cause resource
saturation and slightly worse performance is interesting.
I still have to figure out what, besides checking the exit code file,
causes the long delays after the job is done. I'm guessing it's some CPU
intensive stuff that doesn't parallelize very well on my laptop.

Mihael