[Swift-devel] Swift Performance Data

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Jun 25 07:29:49 CDT 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Ian Foster wrote:

> Howver, I'd like to mention that my specific request is that we start
> collecting and storing logs from all runs. Using standard formats and
> netlogger may well be a good idea, but I'd feel concerned that putting
> that on the critical path would delay yet further the day when we
> achieve the primary goal.

Raw unfiltered log collection is something that the app people need to do
- Tibi, Nika, Ioan.

I guess the base set is:

  swift .log files

  kickstart dumps (for extra logging info and extra slowdown, turn
  on kickstart for all jobs instead of failed tasks by setting:
     kickstart.always.transfer=true
  )

  whatever falkon produces

This is a very different request from the 'sort out the analysis tooling'
request, though.