[Swift-devel] Re: [Swft] Q about throttling

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jun 23 15:06:34 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 11:32 -0500, Veronika Nefedova wrote:
> There are two throttle parameters you might want to check. One is in
> swift.properties called throttle.submit and one in scheduler.xml
> called jobThrottle.
> I am curious whats the difference between them?

throttle.submit is documented in many places, including swift.properties
and the user's guide. This should not affect things much since, as far
as I can tell, submissions in Falkon are done pretty fast.

JobThrottle is a site score scaling factor. It limits the initial set of
jobs sent to sites in order to achieve better load balancing in the long
run. This could be a cause for low number of concurrent jobs. Set it to
large numbers if you want to get rid of it.

Mihael