[Swift-devel] Re: Swift Performance Data

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Thu Jun 21 11:12:35 CDT 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Mike Wilde wrote:

> I believe we also want to run everything under kickstart. Its been hard to get
> traction on that but we should discuss and keep on pushing on this.

There was once an idea to have kickstart installed by our group on every
machine on which we commonly submit jobs to (maybe as part of the 'getting
swift running on each site' campaign that resulted in the present site
catalog). But that doesn't seem to be the way thing are now so maybe it
never got written down.

Putting installs in place and pointing the default as-distributed site
catalog at those installs seems a relatively straightforward things to do
(at least for most sites, and especially the OSG ones, which often have
kickstart installed as part of their standard software stack).