[Swift-devel] Re: Swift Performance Data

Mike Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 21 11:03:34 CDT 2007

OK, thanks for responding so quickly to your own request, Ian. :)

I agree that we need this and that this is a good spec to start from.

Ive been pushing to do all runs from the swift lab machines where we can readily
collect this info.

We can create a set of scripts that collects the data in a uniform way, and
makes it easy to send them to a central place.

Well start a campaign for this and move the discussion there.

I think that the stats should get gathered by default as part of the swift
execution command; we may need some provision for collecting the data if swift
dies.  Perhaps the swift shell wrapper can catch such errors and try to report
in most cases.

I believe we also want to run everything under kickstart. Its been hard to get
traction on that but we should discuss and keep on pushing on this.

We need to designate one person to lead on this and certainly others to contribute.

I hessitate to say "jump" until we review current work in progress and
everyone's todo list.

Mike

--
Mike Wilde