[Swift-devel] Re: [Swft] Q about throttling

Tiberiu Stef-Praun tiberius at ci.uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 21 10:59:08 CDT 2007

Actually Ioan pointed out to me  that the last two jobs from the first
batch are scheduled to start at time zero but have to wait for the
first 24 to finish before getting on some resource. (the red color
means queue time. the green means execution time).

Ben, yes, the worklow consists of 4 logical stages, each of which has
to complete before the next stage is being executed.

The graph was generated by Ioan, using Excel. He was showing me how to
illustrate the Falkon logs information.

On 6/21/07, Ben Clifford <benc at hawaga.org.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Ian Foster wrote:
>
> > I'm gathering from this exchange that this is not possible?
>
> I have no idea. It doesn't seem to be documented.
>
> But the number one rule of tech support is don't take somebody else's
> partially solved problem. It would be good to see what is actually causing
> you to suspect that there's a throttling problem.

Tiberiu (Tibi) Stef-Praun, PhD
Research Staff, Computation Institute
5640 S. Ellis Ave, #405
University of Chicago