[Swift-devel] disk space requirement

Mike Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 1 08:55:12 CDT 2007

Nika, regarding where you can get 244GB, we should send in a request
to CI Support to get 1TB or so from the CI SAN mounted on a Swift
submit host.

In the interim:

- you can get 100GB or so on NFS on terminable

- we can try to quickly add a 300GB drive (or two) to terminable

- One of the gridlab hosts (4 I think) should be available with that
storage now. I am not sure if we feel this lab host is stable yet
but we should make sure.

We need to be gearing up quickly to this scale, so the lab
environment that Ive been pushing to get set up is going to be
increasingly important.

Regarding the core limitation that Nika points out - this seems to
dictate that we take the step of allowing workflow inputs, outputs
and intermediate results to be located on any gridftp server and
tracked via a replica catalog, as VDS did.

Ben, Mihael, do you have a feel for where we can slot this into
development? v3 - say circa September?

Mike