[Swift-devel] disk space requirement

Veronika Nefedova nefedova at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 1 08:19:58 CDT 2007

Hi,

I know I raised this question many times before, but I think I need a
solution to it very soon (=now). I have a machinery in place to do a
really big runs for MolDyn. Currently, the workflow produces about
0.9GB of data for each molecule, but this is all the intermediate
data, all I need is *one* 300K file as a result (per molecule). The
rest is intermediate data that I do not need.  So my questions are:

1. How can I eliminate the intermediate results staging back to my
submit host? I do not need it in case of one remote compute pool. VDS
had this feature...

2. If implementing this feature is very hard and time-consuming --
what submit host would you recommend for a 244-molecule run ? Roughly
244 GB of space is needed.

A 20-molecule run is all I can do on wiggum (where the application
code is currently compiled).

Thanks!

Nika