[Swift-devel] Re: [VDL2-devel] Re: test v0.1rc1

Mike Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 26 11:42:27 CST 2007

Ian Foster wrote, On 2/26/2007 11:14 AM:
> I am puzzled why we are testing on multiple sites, rather than a single
> site.

I believe that we need to, that the code is there to do this, and needs
testing. This is not an unreasonable time to start trying this.

If we are to be taken seriously by OSG, and as a Grid, we need to use multiple
sites.

We can set the priority low for the last anomaly that Tibi pointed out below
(using 3 sites out of 4).  We decided in 0.1 that we would enable more sites
to run (although we said there "not multiple").  0.1 is virtually done; we
have not yet frozen the feature set of 0.2.  This is a reasonable candidate
feature to consider for 0.2.

People can be focusing and still mention (and file as bugs) things that they
encounter in testing. They should be able to try things a bit out of the box
as long as we are making good progress, which we are.

- Mike