[Swift-devel] (no subject)

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Dec 5 16:27:49 CST 2007

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, Ian Foster wrote:

> It seemed to me that this example is a case of "variable that is never
> assigned" -- that could perhaps be detected.

There are some application invocations at the moment that don't explicitly
indicate file outputs, though.

For example, some of the fmri apps output a .hdr file and a .img file with
the same base name and take only a .hdr filename as command-line parameter
- its 'good' behaviour that an output parameter isn't explicitly
mentioned.

There's a bunch of stuff that could be done to the application description
constructs in SwiftScript. However, as it is so far work-aroundable (as
in, fix the bug in your swiftscript), its automatically deprioritised.